amma


this elderly woman does the cleaning and swabbing in my house. recommeded to my by my neighbour- a very punctual and upright woman. i quite respect her actually; for though she is not sweet of tongue she is straight of her values and it does not really matter to me what she wears or what she talks like- ultimately it is the values that make a person what they are, not the outer garments.
i call her amma which actually means a form of respect to an elder woman who is akin to your mother. amma also means mother in several indian languages.

Comments

march said…
do you mean you've found someone good----nazar na laage.
Unknown said…
absolutely, nazar lag gai hai! she went away for a few days with her son for replacement. today even he didnt show up! and yesterday due to my recording at the studio he never did work...