a view from the 'stage' (basant)


it is not easy to decide where the performers could be seated in any home. so i had my fair share of dilemmas and doubts and changes in my seating. some of it was contributed by the tent house that did not deliver the promised stuff at the appointed hour. but then things miraculously fell into place and i am utterly grateful to the gods in heaven that watch over me to allow me the grace.

i took this picture while sitting in front of these people here. naturally i must have been getting ready to sing myself or just sung. this is a view from the position of the main entrance of my living room; that is where we sat. facing away from the door we see the railing of the lobby and two levels. on the floor of the living room we made an arrangement to sit on the floor and on the lobby people sat in chairs; though some sat on chairs even in the living room.

here's who you see in the picture- there is satish(you'll see him in other pictures too with his guitar) To his left is my dearest friend Rashma, herself a writer/playwright. With a camera in her hand is sitting Mrs. Yukti Gupt.Behind Satish and Rashma is Satish's assistant. on the chair in a cap is Rameshda, my friend Reema and Ramesh's wife Pratibha.

in the embedded video clip here you see satish playing raga basant and possibly even the dogs in the background sounds. guruji is sitting right there with him.

Comments