Luring winged guests

A duo sitting on the little enclosure gate
A long time has flown from when i wrote last on this blog. For two reasons- one is facebook, which made sharing easier and the second was the when the family moved in I was just inundated with work; something which has simply not stopped but moved from one terrain to another. So instead of posting these pictures on facebook and cluttering it further i decided to come back to my blog.
This little rascal is always running after them, good exercise for him, keeps him busy and me entertained

By now, from the last entry- the status quo of me and the pack being here has been restored. The family has done back to wherever they all came from and its already over two years ago that the last post was written. This summer i decided to revive my earlier habit of offering water to the birds- something which i did for many years, even before i came to this house and that would attract many a winged guest to my water-bowl. Even the main picture of this blog shows that from long years ago- possibly five years back.

IN all these years all the provisions i had created for putting these earthern vessels with water have been overgrown with creepers. So the only option left for me is the grass- on which i have to periodically change the position of the vessel, so that it does not permanently crush the grass underneath. This year i was also very keen to buy some standing sort of bird-baths so that birds and can and sit by the edges and drink from there. I saw in many a place and even narrowed down to one specific design and told the person to make three of a kind for me- he never did and did not call back either. People are somewhat dishonest for such small things it surprises me. however instead of waiting for those vertical ones to arrive, i thought of leaving the water on the grass anyhow.
A pair of turtle doves on the living room window
Back lawn: more difficult to get pictures because these birds come only when there is nobody in sight and i only see them from behind closed doors.

And lo and behold! my house is so full of birds at all times of the morning and afternoon that i am absolutely transported. The little bird sounds- and they are of so many sorts- they just gladden me so deeply, all my cares are gone and i blissfully carry on my writing, my reading, never feel troubled except for when sudden anxiety surfaces that maybe i am enjoying life too much! and really not bothered with life issues:)

So here are some pictures from those, though my camera is not capable of catching hold of the little birds, that are so small that it become like blurs...but i wish more than these pictures i could record their sounds and their songs and put them here. what fun. Pictures are both from the back lawn and the front lawn. The only reason for my reluctance to put the water bowls on the grass was the dogs- and inevitably so, they just keep going after the birds, so photography is certainly not an easy option in this case. however, which ever big birds i could capture, here i share them.
Difficult to spot but if you see closely there is a duo sitting in the branches of the curry leaf tree. The other little robins are so small that though my eye can spot them but my camera cannot, and they are green in colour too! So they blend easily with the leaves.


Comments